Friday, April 27, 2012

Charcoal Deli Pit Beef Review

Charcoal Deli: Cockeysville Credit: Their Website




Since I couldn't get what I needed at Pork in the Park this year, I stopped by Charcoal Deli on my way to a meeting today.  There are a few, but this one was in Cockeysville. The beef was good and the sandwich piled high. I don't get the same smokey flavor here as some pit beefs, so I am unsure what if any dry rub they use or if they cook on propane or hardwood.

My only complaint is I wanted rare and they were fresh out.  I wonder if they do that because the health department prefers you sell well done to prevent foodbourne illness? At least that's what a lot of menus say these days.  I don't know.

I do want to mention they have coupons on their website here.  It's definitely worth a stop if you are in the mood for a yummy beef sandwich!

No comments:

Post a Comment